Northwest Massage LLC
Corporate Massage Therapy
The Stress Reducer and Morale Booster
By Page Hunt, LMT
Across the nation and here in Ohio, companies are experiencing the benefits of massage in the workplace!
Corporate chair massage has quickly become one of the most popular and requested benefits in the workplace today. The physical demands of long hours at the computer and the high stress of the new marketplace have made work stress reduction necessary. Chair massage reduces fatigue and tension for greater productivity and safety. Whether your company uses chair massage through a regular employee wellness or benefits package, or as part of an incentive program, a chair massage program can be an asset to your human resource department and your company.
The Benefits of On-Site Massage
Increased morale and productivity. When Fortune magazine featured the best 100 companies to work for in America, they emphasized corporate perks such as massage therapy. These benefits were shown to empower workers and positively affect the success of the business. The Gallup poll summarized that “employee attitudes correlate strongly with higher profits.”
Relief of stress and fatigue. On-site massage is an energizing massage, but it also relaxes the muscles and soothes the spirit. Workers surveyed by Time magazine preferred massage over coffee breaks!
Massage opens the mind and increases alertness. Massage clears thinking and releases the individual’s innate creativity. “A 15 minute massage increase alertness and performance,” reports Dr. Tiffany Fields in Life magazine’s eight page cover story on massage.
Increases brain power and sharpens the senses. The Miami Research Institute of Florida reported that office workers who were massaged completed a math test more quickly and with fewer errors!
Massage frees the body, enhances emotional well being and reduces the damaging effects of stress. Massage can help relieve backaches, headaches, muscle spasm and pain, reduce blood pressure, and improve circulation.
How it Works
- Typical on-site massage is done in 15 - 30 minute sessions and is done through the clothing, aiming at the shoulders, neck, arms, and back.
- The therapist will bring a specially designed massage chair, relaxation music and any other supplies needed.
- Appointments are booked in advance. The company will usually provide a sign- up sheet and send out a memo to the associates.
- Employees may have an option of signing up for one session or two for a longer massage.
- It is advantageous to send a weekly email to remind associates of their massage appointments and if any openings are available.
The company may pay 100%, split the cost, or simply make this service available for the employees to pay themselves.
Cash or checks may be used for payment and possibly credit cards or flexible spending accounts.
Tax and Insurance Benefits
- Massage can be a tax deductible medical expense.
- In some situations, a flexible spending account may be used for massage.
- Large companies often offer incentives for employees to participate in exercise and wellness programs.
Payments are due at the time of service unless other arrangements are made by the company.
Two hour minimum. Travel fee may apply.*
* On-site travel fee = No travel fee if within a 10 mile radius of our office.
Northwest Massage LLC
2931 Donnylane Blvd
Columbus, OH 43235